[Trlog] Orion help (please!)

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Orion help (please!)
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:51:31 -0600
I've read that several ops have run the Orion successfully, so I am doing
something wrong, but what?

1) Took my prior setup - Win 98 boot to DOS prompt on an IBM Thinkpad 760EL
which worked gangbusters with my Omni 6 and changed one line in the config
file - Radio One Type = Orion.

2) TR starts and everything is okay at first.  After a few spins of the vfo,
the frequency display on the computer goes away.  I can also do this by
hitting a number of buttons like changing a vfo connection, i.e., move the
subreceiver or receiver from vfo b to a, or just turn the rit on.  I can still
command the Orion, but then I'm not reading the Orion.  I can change bands on
the Orion and that is not reflected in TR, etc.

3) I also tried using a different computer - an old p2 i am building into a
contest machine - with identical results, but i copied all the tr files
exactly, so if I am setting something wrong, I did it for both machines.

Orion software 1.366 Nov 14 (latest)
TR 6.77, 6.78 and 6.79 (tried them all)

Help! Please ...

73, John