Re: [Trlog] anyone try this?

To: Torsten Clay <tclay@netdoor.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] anyone try this?
From: "Denny Sahovic, KX7M" <radio@kx7m.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:57:15 -0800
Torsten Clay wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.halfkeyboard.com/

It would leave one hand free for tuning radios, etc. Not sure how hard it is to do the control combinations or functions keys necessary for TR.

Torsten
N4OGW

I don't think this is a good solution. You would have to hit Shift(s) to get to the second set of letters. And look where the numbers are! For an average call sign you would have to put 50-75% more keystrokes. No, thanks. This seems to be more of a marketing try to make money on those who buy any new gadget.

If you really like to keep your hands at one location, you can try using software front panel control for modern radios. I don't like that either.

The beauty of TR is to let you have modes and different functions for the same key, depending on the mode. Hmmm, that reminds me of VI editor. Everybody hates it until you learn to use it. And then it is the best tool you have.

73, Denny, KX7M