[Trlog] Fw: [Orion] Couple of questions

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Fw: [Orion] Couple of questions
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:42:35 -0600
This happened twice while I was operating (about 16 hours total).  It's like
TR is getting bad data from the Orion.  Fortunately N5TW has lots of
protection and an Alpha which simply trips out very quickly when it sees the
high SWR.  VFOB was tuning the subreceiver when this happened.  The
transmitter was connected to VFOA, and the VFO lock was on.  This would be an
issue in a multiband contest where TR drives the antenna and bandpass
selection.  I've noticed the frequency display goes aways for several seconds
at a time, and this also suggest that communication is not rock-solid.

73, John