Re: [Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals

To: "Charlie Ocker" <N9CO@aol.com>,"TR Log Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:09:32 -0900
> I think it would be very useful if the displayed QSO total did not show
> dupes.  It would give the operator a better idea of how he/she is
> actually doing.  Correct me if I'm wrong; I've been using TR since v3.83
> way back in the early 90's and seem to recall that the displayed QSO
> total used to work this way.
> 73,
> Charlie  N9CO

Hi Charlie

There is some logic in showing the actual number of contacts as long as
the score is correct. If you are running  4 or 5 a minute it requires some
part of that minute to work a station and it's not your fault they were a
dupe. Your best minute, 10 minutes, etc. shouldn't be penalized because
someone busted your call in a previous QSO and called you again. You
did in fact make all the contacts TRLog says you did, dupes and all.

I assume the best rates in the old contester almanac ignored zero pointers.

I do agree with you that having the "B4" message turned off is a good
idea. It's sometimes faster to work them then explain they have a packet
bust somewhere in their log. This, of course, screws them during log
checking so I do send "B4" manually when time allows and always if
it's someone I remember calling in their pile.

Rich KL7RA