Re: [Trlog] Tnx to all you helpful guys!!! RE: CTRL+O & Auto-CQSpeedUP

To: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Tnx to all you helpful guys!!! RE: CTRL+O & Auto-CQSpeedUP
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:29:42 -0600
> My added "Wish List" item would be, however, to have the CTRL+O MULT REPORT
> MINIMUM BANDS tweaked up to work with the ARRL DX & SS contests...it could
> come in handy for the rare VE/VY section needs in SS or if operating as
> DX.  In any event, my suggestion is for the next Manual Revision to
> c-l-a-r-i-f-y the CTRL+O limitations for us Newbies & Has Beens.

Well, N7DR does the manual - so maybe he can claify it.

I doubt I will be adding domestic QTHs to this report.  When you are DX
in the ARRL, you run guys - and when you type in the domestic QTH (or
when it shows up in the exchange window because you already worked him
on one band), the bands you need the mult on show up without pressing
any keys.  You can then decide if you need to move him to another band.

The purpose for the Control-O command is to make sure you aren't missing
any easy DX multipliers.  For the ARRL as DX, you can see that quickly
just by glacing at the remaining multiplier window.  The DX contest is
different, because country mults can't all be shown in the remaining
mult window.  The Control-O command essentially adapts to the activity
patterns of whatever countries are active, and shows the ones you have
worked on 4 or 5, but not 6 bands.  It was in response to a specific
problem people had in the CQ WW contest (or ARRL DX if you are in the
US).

While it might be a nice to have feature for other multipliers, I don't
feel that it is really required for normal operation and never felt
the need to have it when I was DX in the ARRL - or anyone else who has
done it over the past 12 years.

Tree