[Trlog] Cabrillo Entry Categories

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Cabrillo Entry Categories
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:48:11 -0600
     My log for the ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes was rejected because the
Cabrillo file generated by TR had the wrong entry category.  The one that
TR generated was:

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP-QRP-PORTABLE ALL QRP MIXED

     The correct category is:

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP-QRP-PORTABLE

     I know that the ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes is not the only contest
where this happens - I know there were problems with the CQ 160 Meter DX
Contest, etc.

    I would like to see POST made a little smarter in presenting
the columns of choices for Cabrillo CATEGORY tag value generation.
It would be fantastic if, based upon the contest defined in the
log configuration file, only the appropriate columns were presented in
the Cabrillo file generation.  For instance, in the ARRL January VHF
Sweepstakes, the columns for choosing bands, power, and modes, and other
would just not be available, and the resulting value for the CATEGORY line
would only include the values chosen from the valid columns.

    This could also avoid people choosing Tribander and Wires for all
sorts of HF contests were that's not relevant, etc.