[Trlog] Argosy 2-port PCMCIA Serial card

Subject: [Trlog] Argosy 2-port PCMCIA Serial card
From: Mike Gilmer <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:23:22 -0800 (PST)
Yesterday I wrote that I was having trouble getting my

PCMCIA 2-port serial card working in DOS on my

Well, a little head scratching later I discovered that

I was getting an error ("There is no available 4k
memory for mapping") at boot-up that I was
overlooking.  I searched the manufacturer's (Argosy's)

website for help with this issue, but found nothing
but the manual in PDF (which I already had).  So on a
whim, I searched using Google for the exact memory
error quote and got some hits suggesting a config.sys
tweak to the EMM386 line.  Turns out, this help was on

that same manufacturer's website, but under the help
for their CD/DVD stuff.  Google rocks!

Anyway, it worked. TR loopback can now see the
ports.  :)

Here's the card:

Of course, I have to now interface this to an actual
radio and TR "network" to be truly satisfied.  I'll
let you know.

Mike N2MG

P.S. Still waiting to see someone post an Ethernet
solution that works with TR.

Do you Yahoo!?
Trlog mailing list