[Trlog] TR&RDXC

To: "TR-Log" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] TR&RDXC
From: "Rolf T Salme" <rolf.salme@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:27:57 +0100
Dr Nikolai,

Thanks a lot for providing us with the following
information the other day:

           -------------------------------------

"In Russia symbols of some areas have changed.
We ask to pay to this attention before Russian DX
Contest, please.

New symbols now in the following areas:

R3M   -   YR
R3S   -    RA
R9K   -   YN
R0H   -   EV
R0Q  -    SH
R0X   -   KY

The information about RDXC look on   www.rdxc.org

  73, de UA9KM,Nikolai Kuprin.
ua9km@ongp.ru  ua9km@km.ru"

                     ---------------------------------

I have a few comments:

- the RUSSIAN.DOM file which is distributed with
TR-Log updates is dated 03/05/98 and is slightly
out of date, unfortunately;

- Nikolai's comments above come in handy, but
they do not seem to cover everything;

- I have compared the present RUSSIAN.DOM
file with the Region data provided at the HP of
the organizers of the RDXC contest the coming
weekend, and a quick glance yielded the following
possible changes:

To be deleted or replaced?
Ja = JA
Jn = JN
Kj = KJ
Ya = YA

To be added?
Ky = KY
Sh = SH
Yn = YN
Yr = YR

To be replaced?
Ew = EW by Ev = EV

I would be happy if someone more versed in Russian
geography and administration could check what
I am suggesting above (QSL, Nikolai?)

Final question: provided that the above info is correct,
will my TR-Log be OK in this contest if I simply
edit RUSSIAN.DOM in accordance with the
hopingly agreed changes, such as the ones above?

73,
Rolf
SM5MX