Re: [Trlog] How to correct logged band errors?

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] How to correct logged band errors?
From: "Ronald Rossi, KK1L" <rrossi@btv.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:44:40 -0500
Or just run TR RESCORE which does all of the extra stuff automatically. Your original log will be saved just as normally done when running POST.

Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:12:16PM -0800, Eric Hilding wrote:

My rig interface got messed up at times due to RF problems from the 20-15-10 vertical I installed on the roof directly over the shack ;-(

I went into the .dat & .log file and made corrections for the known entries which got logged as 160m QSOs when they were really 10m ones. Unfortunately, when I re-open TR (the .cfg) file, the 160m total still includes the mis-logs.

So I tried to see if I could edit the .rst file with Notepad thinking that might be a final fix, but too many bizarre characters.

In a nutshell... "HELP!"... how to fix things???

Tnx much. Not a major score here but would like to see an accurate log sent in for the club effort.

Here is what I would do:

rename your corrected log file to something like FIXED.LOG
(if it's a CW contest, add CW TONE = 0 to your .CFG file)*
At the command prompt, type TR READ FIXED.LOG

TR READ will read in the QSOs from the FIXED.LOG file, and recompute dupes, band totals, QSO points, and multipliers, resulting in a newly-computed score, and a fresh .LOG file
that you can then use in POST. It actually reworks the contest, and is fun to watch. You can learn more about
TR READ in the manual.

*Otherwise, TR will send the CW of the sent portions of every
QSO to the PC speaker.

-- 73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <>< QTH: Jericho, Vermont

My page: http://www.qsl.net/kk1l