Re: [Trlog] M/2 and Post Cabrillo file

To: kanga@bright.net, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] M/2 and Post Cabrillo file
From: "Mike Heideman" <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:23:31 +0000
N8ET reports:
We ran a M/2 this past weekend at our local club. Post seems to drop the transmitter designator from the Cabrillo file that we submit. Are we doing something wrong when we process the log with Post, or is this a bug that no one has picked up on yet since M/2 is a fairly small class??

I reported this problem after last year's contest (http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TRLog/2003-05/msg00002.html) and it apparently hasn't yet been fixed. My solution was to write a simple script to merge the information from the incomplete Cabrillo file with the original .DAT file. Perl or other scripting languages can be used to do this.

I also tried the logconv program from KA5WSS, which claims to convert TR files to Cabrillo, but it assumes single operator and doesn't emit the transmitter IDs either. Suggestions for new features can be made at http://www.qsl.net/ka5wss/logconv, but the most recent change was 3 years ago so it's unlikely this would get added quickly.

-Mike, N7MH