[Trlog] Mac equivalent of WinTelnetX

To: "Ham-Mac@Mailman.Qth.Net" <ham-mac@mailman.qth.net>,TR-Log <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Mac equivalent of WinTelnetX
From: Anthony Rodgers <arodgers@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:45:37 -0700
Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has come across a piece of software for the Mac that will allow a Telnet connection to be made on Ethernet and the resultant stream redirected out to a serial port for delivery to another computer.

There are a couple available for PC - K1TTT's excellent WinTelNetX (http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#wintelnetx) being one and TCPToSer (http://www.tcptoser.de/) being another. The object, of course, is to provide packet spots from the Internet to logging programs, like TRLog, that only accept data on a serial port. I have only 1 PC in my shack, and it runs TRLog in DOS.

I have trawled the Internet to no avail and can't believe it hasn't been done for the Mac - perhaps, as in so many other things, it's built in and I just haven't found it yet.

Anyone?

73 de VA7IRL,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Email: VA7IRL@rac.ca

"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." - George Carlin