Re: [Trlog] TR on laptops ?

To: <va7nt@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR on laptops ?
From: "George & Tammy Perkins" <gperkins@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:56:49 -0400
In "pure" dos mode, (i.e. not under windows) the full screen display
problem is often related to the resolution of the actual LCD panel
itself.  The LCD panel might be 1024x768 for example, but DOS
is only diplaying 640x480.  This leaves  you a big black border
around the edges of the screen.  On some laptops, I have seen
a setting in the BIOS setup screen that allows you to do
resolution scaling, i.e. the 640x480 display will be "stretched"
to take up the actual, higher, native resolution of the actual
LCD panel.  Look in the BIOS settings to see if your laptop
has such a setting.

When running a DOS box under windows, I have not experienced
this because windows usually knows how to stretch the display
to occupy full screen.

Not all BIOS's have this setting, but it's a start to check there...

Good luck,
George