[Trlog] LPT1

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] LPT1
From: "Mike D." <hrg@cifnet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:18:46 -0500
I'm readying an old Toshiba Travelmate 486 laptop for FD (backup service).
For some reason, the LPT1 port won't key a rig. I verified the CFG file is
to LPT1.

Last year, I had the same problem and I solved it by messing around in the
port settings in BIOS. The LPT1 port is enabled and there are several
options.

ENABLE EPP (Yes/No)

EPP MODE  (ECP, ECP & EPP, SPP, EPP & SPP)

I tried all the combinations and I still can't get it to key a rig.

I tested my keying interface with another computer and the same CFG file and
it works fine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

73 de Mike, N9BOR
A-1, FISTS, JARL A-1, SMC
http://www.n9bor.us

di dah dit - The only Roger Beep you'll ever need.
Let your fingers do the talking ? Morse code.
My designated driver is a 12BY7A.