Re: [Trlog] TRMaster - Check Section

To: RGrace-WA6OWM <rgrace1@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRMaster - Check Section
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:46:13 -0500
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 02:12:00PM -0700, RGrace-WA6OWM wrote:

> I have created a new TRMASTER file based on the last two years of Field Day.
> I have entered the command "INITIAL EXCHANGE = CHECK SECTION" into the
> LOGCFG.DAT file. When a call that matches prevous years is entered in to the
> 'CALLSIGN' field, the old 'CHECKSECTION' appears in the 'EXCHANGE' window,
> without a space between Check and Section. <ENTER> will not save the
> exchange.

The CHECK SECTION are for Sweepstakes exchanges.
In the Sweepstakes contest these data would look like
77Stx or 78Ore etc.

TR-Log knows how to do this for the Sweepstakes.

If a new call is entered and CHECKSECTION without a space, the
> exchange will not be saved.
> Example:   WA6OWM <Enter> 1D LAX<Enter>  Works OK
>            W6ABC <Enter> 1DLAX is entered without a space, <ENTER> or
> <CTRL-ENTER> fail.
> The W6ABC can be from the TRMASTER or entered manually.

The ARRL Field Day exchange is the Catagory and Section.

You would be better of just getting the section only
and then filling in the catagory - since the catagory
is much more likely to change from year to year
than the section is for most stations.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net