Re: [Trlog] Problem getting data from 706 to TR

To: "trlog@contesting.com" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Problem getting data from 706 to TR
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:41:07 -0700
Fixed my problem at 1:15 am, 9.75 hr before the start of FD.

The problem was the level shifter circuit. Tried a different one that was on the CI-V Commander web site. Worked FB.

Thanks for your help, guys. Hope you had fun on FD. I had a blast.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Jim Smith wrote:

Frantically trying to get everything ready for Field Day. Built a simple (2 transistor, 2 resistor, G3MCS) level shifter for the 706. 706 follows commands sent from TR (Alt_V, ALT-B, ALT-M) but TR doesn't read the 706 band, freq or mode.

706 menu 34 shows CI-V address as 58H.  I set TR to 88.
706 menu 35 shows CI-V Baud Auto
706 menu 36 shows CI-V TRN (Transceive) ON
706 menu 37 shows CI-V 731 Off

Any suggestions as to what I should try?

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO