Re: [Trlog] Rescoring Cabrillo files?

To: TRlog reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Rescoring Cabrillo files?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:26:26 -0700
Hi Dale,

Didn't know about the status bar trick. Thanks

I don't see how the 2nd suggestion can work. Every line will have an entry in the mult column so what you count is the number of lines which is the same as the number of Qs.

If anyone wants a copy of the xls file where I did this to see how it works, just let me know.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Dale Martin wrote:

4.  At this point you can simply count the number of different mults or
you can write a formula which will put a 1 in a cell on each line where
there's a new mult and a blank otherwise.  Then you write a formula to
add up all the 1s.

or....

Don't write a formula, but simply highlight the column containing the cells
with the "1's".  You will see the sum presented down in the status bar at
the bottom of the Excel window.  If it doesn't say "Sum=nn", right-click on
the status bar and select "Sum"

or....

Don't write a formula, don't put "1's" in a column to indicate mults, but
simply highlight the column (less any header) containing the mults.  You
will see something presented down in the status bar.  If it doesn't say
"Count=nn", right-click on the status bar and select "Count".  You should
see the number of fields counted displayed.

73, dale, kg5u