Re: [Trlog] Changing Config Files & Ctrl-V Questions

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Changing Config Files & Ctrl-V Questions
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:19:26 -0700
Hi Mike,

Never having done the rover thing, I didn't think of that. Thanks for setting us all straight. I would hate to think that I gave a bunch of people a bum steer which messed up their logs.

Looks like, once again, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing! Glad you noticed.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Mike Heideman wrote:

Jim, VE7FO said:

You could use the config files you wrote for your batch file
solution. Just hit CTRL-V and enter the file name of the
appropriate config file.

Changing the CW messages is the easy part.  If you use the
CTRL-V solution then TR will not have recorded the current
county anywhere.  The county is normally entered when running
POST to create the Cabrillo file.  Since there is a single LOG.DAT
file, a single county will appear in all QSOs in the Cabrillo file.

You could put a CTRL-N note into the file for each county change
and then break it up into county logs for POST using a text editor
after the contest.  This seems like a lot more trouble and more
prone to mistakes than the DOS batch file solution that WT9U
is already using.

The MY QTH parameter is only used for scoring the contest
as you go along so its value is the state, not the county, for
state QSO parties.  It is never written to LOG.DAT anyway,
which is why POST has to ask for the county/QTH.

73,
-Mike, N7MH