[Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 21, Issue 11

To: TRLog <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 21, Issue 11
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Sep 2004 12:28:12 -0500
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:01, trlog-request@contesting.com wrote:
> Please let me know how it works with your interfaced radios.  Go ahead and
> post your results to the trlog reflector, so others won't duplicate your
> efforts.

TS-940/PIEXX:
Seems to work fine.  As reported by others, the top row follows the
radio first, then the second row, then the third.

Between the two VFOs, on the screen, it says "160 CW" regardless of
which band either VFO is on.  The FT-1000MP interface follows the VFO.

FT1000MP:
Follows the radio, in the same way as the 940.

VFOA and VFOB both = 8767.9 regardless of where the VFOs actually are.
(but the frequency information at the far left of the screen is fine)
Swap VFOs and both displays change to 4386.0, again regardless of where
the VFOs actually are.

The text between the VFOs does follow the VFO - it doesn't just say "160
CW" like it does for the 940.

At one point the rig saw fit to reset its CPU - not sure I didn't
inadvertently trigger this as I don't know the procedure & may have
stumbled across it by mistake!

IC-765:
Using a LOGCFG.DAT that used to work, it doesn't seem to work.  Not
certain I don't have a hardware problem though, as the 765 has been out
of service for a few months with a PA problem.  (wouldn't think that
would affect the serial interface)

I've put a .ZIP file containing debug .bin files on my website on
http://www.w9wi.com/software/tr.zip .  There are in and out files for
the MP, 765, and 940.

For what it's worth, both the MP and 940 treat any mode besides CW as
"SSB".  I had a bit of grief with that over the weekend, working the WW
RTTY: if rig control was enabled, TR would switch modes - both in the
program **and on the rig**.  Had to remove the rig control lines from
LOGCFG.DAT.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66