Re: [Trlog] Dual-Booting Windows XP and DOS - Follow-up (fwd)

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Dual-Booting Windows XP and DOS - Follow-up (fwd)
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:58:59 +0000
Hello, all:

I hadn't noticed that Neal had copied the reflector...

I am using a "Linux Live" CD to do the partitioning.  This
version of Linux runs entirely from the CD and does not touch
the hard disk at all.  All you have to do to run it is boot the
CD, hit a couple of carriage returns, and then type in
"run_qtparted."  You may not even know that you are
running Linux!  :-)  You do not have to install Linux on your
hard disk.  If you follow the procedure, when you are done
your machine will just have DOS 7.1 and Windows XP on it.

The same basic technique COULD be used to add a Linux
installation to the disk, but it isn't required.

73,

Mark, KD4D