[Trlog] Sending rig commands from a file

To: "trlog@contesting.com" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Sending rig commands from a file
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:42:34 -0800
Rig hex commands can be sent from TR by appropriate programming of F keys.

It occurred to me that it might be possible to send hex commands to the rig from a file by means of CTRL-V or programming an F key with the INCLUDE=filename statement.

If it worked, one could send arbitrarily long strings to the rig. At the moment, the string length is restricted to the number of bytes a message memory can hold.

One could also have any number of files, each with its own rig commands.

I tried putting the string <03>CQMODE<04> <03>SRS1=xxx<63><06><04> <03>SRS1=xxx<01><83><04> <03>SRS1=xxx<01><01><04> <03>SRS1=<02>xx<82><8C> into a file and sending it to my MkV via CTRL-V. (Don't worry about what this does. It does make the rig do things if programmed into an F Key memory.)

It didn't work. Just to make sure I hadn't put the file in the wrong directory or something equally dumb, I created another one to change the CQ MENU to say Hello World. That one worked with both CTRL-V and the INCLUDE=

Not sure how useful it would be to people if it did work. I know I could use it.

It would provide a means of sending any number of different filter combination commands to the MkV. Just have each set of filter setup commands in its own file and call the desired file with CTRL-V. Frequently used ones could be called by a function key.

Any ideas as to how to make this work?

73, Jim VE7FO