Re: [Trlog] LPT Woes...

Subject: Re: [Trlog] LPT Woes...
From: VR2BrettGraham <>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:58:21 +0000
KG5U lamented:

For a few years now, I've been keying and paddling TRLog with the LPT port.
Every thing was hunky-dory.

Suddenly, I cannot seem to resolve a di-dah problem caused by the paddle

Using my own SO2R box and a TopTen DXD box, I get the same di-dah problem.

The only way to resolve it seems to be to REM out Paddle Port=1 in the .cfg

I figure something is telling pins 12/13 of the LPT to go low and stay low.

Could it be anything in TRLog that might do that?

I've REM'ed and un-REM'ed a bunch of stuff in the cfg to no avail.  The only
way to stop the di-dah is to REM out Paddle Port=1.

Could there be anything in Control Panel or DOS that might cause or tell
pins 12/13 of the LPT to be forced low?

Thanks for any help...

If you are using same version of TR with same configuration, then what could be different?

The computer itself - possible printer port fault?  By dit-dah
I guess you mean it goes di-dah-di-dah-&-so-on by itself.
Unless your keyer paddles are actually shorted, it's unlikely
that both your homebrew & TopTen interface boxes suddenly
stopped pulling the paddle input pins high internally.

Otherwise, if it is something that Windoze has done, what
have you done to the computer since the last time it worked

73, VR2BrettGraham

Trlog mailing list