Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data

Subject: Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data
From: VR2BrettGraham <>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:32:21 +0000
With 6.79 & TS-950S here, the program will stop showing the
frequency display for the radio while I tune the radio.  A little
while after I stop tuning the radio, the program then displays
the frequency it is on.

 From time to time, the program goes beep & spits the dummy,
reporting it has stopped polling the radio.

Increasing KENWOOD RESPONSE TIMEOUT to something
like 300 will make the frequency display stay, but as I tune
the 950 the frequency still isn't updated & the display may
still disappear if I keep tuning long enough.  It seems to follow
slow tuning at around 400 or 500, but will eventually hold on
a frequency & then go blank.

This behavior can result in a mucked up bandmap if one doesn't
take care to make sure the program is with you when doing a
pass through the band.

Rig #2 is a K2 & it does none of that, though there have been
a few instances where the program has also decided to stop
polling that radio.  Each time I believe I was doing nothing
with the radio immediately before it happened (meaning I was
doing something with the 950).

After polling was stopped for a radio, all seems fine after
restarting the program.

73, VR2BrettGraham

Trlog mailing list