Re: [Trlog] customised files - was: Re: RUDX Contest Bug?

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] customised files - was: Re: RUDX Contest Bug?
From: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx@ihwy.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:54:31 -0800
Yet another option that works here:

Edit the .DOM file, save it under the original name, then WRITE PROTECT it.
I've used this technique for the JIDX (or was it KCJ?) and CQP for the past
several years to correct similar annoyances. It works, but with the
unwelcome side affect that a program update complains that it cannot
overwrite the file when the new version is unzipped. Just say "NO" to
overwriting the few .DOM files, and everything remains fine. Keep backup
.DOM files in a subdirectory, just in case you mess up and accidentally
overwrite the edited version.

Of course, we haven't had this "problem" with updates for quite some time
now.....

73 de Bob, K6XX
www.k6xx.com

We probably should e-mail these edited files to Tree, so he can include them
in the next release...