Re: [Trlog] TR on a Win XP machine

To: David Hachadorian <>,
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR on a Win XP machine
From: Mark Bailey <>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:06:32 -0400
Hi David:

Very interesting.   Thank!.  I don't believe CT supports shared IRQ's.
There, the Byterunner
driver may have the advantage, but it costs A LOT more.  :-)

Can anyone verify that the new "IRQ-aware" version of TR-Log will
support shared IRQ's?
An old post from Tree from October leads me to believe that it
long as they are
mapped to IRQ 3 or 4.  Configuring for CT requires assigning IRQ's other
than 3 or 4 for
the serial ports.

"BTW - for the Orion and new way I collect data from the serial ports, I
am going to have to break down and teach TR how to deal with ISRs.
However, I intend to intercept both interrupts (3 and 4), so it
shouldn't matter how they are setup - I will find the offending UART."

If so, then I may buy a few of these... :-)

Mark, KD4D

David Hachadorian wrote:

>Following up on my msg of yesterday, everything is working now,
>including paddle and a/b relay on the parallel port.
>If anyone is looking for a DOS/Windows PCI board that has four serial
>ports, using just one shared IRQ, here is a good candidate that is
>cheaper than the usual Byterunner and SIIG devices:
>It works fb here.
>Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
>Yuma, AZ
>Trlog mailing list