Re: [Trlog] WPX CW 2005

To: "Robert Tellefsen" <>,"TR Log Reflector" <>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] WPX CW 2005
From: John Unger <>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:15:06 -0400
Hi Bob -

I think you'll find that "hunting" for new mults is a losing strategy in
this contest. There are just to many permutations and combinations of
prefixes and mults. I imagine that the top operators just work 'em as they
find 'em and don't worry about mults, only Q's.

As an aside, I also question the real desirability of using a "rare" prefix
just for this contest. I recall that W4AN had one of the top scores a few
years ago using that callsign. Of course, having Bill operating made a big
difference, too!

Good Luck es 73 - John, W4AU

At 08:56 PM 5/16/05, Robert Tellefsen wrote:

>Got a question.  Been through the latest version of the manual, and can't
>anything that seems to apply.
>My problem is this.  During an ordinary contest, we have a display of all
>(or most) potential
>multipliers, and they can be programmed to disapper as they are worked.
>For WPX, we don't care about the country, only the prefix, as one country
>can have many
>Is there a way to have the multiplier window build and show a list of
>prefixes worked so far
>instead, and add to it as you go on?
>I see that Call Check Partial will do this, sort of, if you type in the
>initial letters
>of a call.  But I would like to be able to glance over the display as I
>tune, and not have
>to type in the call to see if it's fresh blood.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks and 73
>Bob N6WG
>Trlog mailing list