Re: [ct-user] Bootable DOS CD for running TRLog and CT - TestersNeeded!

To: "Mark Bailey" <kd4d@comcast.net>,"TR Log Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Bootable DOS CD for running TRLog and CT - TestersNeeded!
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:54:12 -0000
Mark I'm trying to understand what this does for me. Awhile back I created a
small DOS partition on my hard drive, FAT32. I also created a bootable DOS CD.
When I want to be somewhat serious about a contest I restart my computer with
the DOS CD and run CT from the DOS partition, on my hard drive. At the end of
the contest I type writelog and close CT. Next I create the ADIF file and
restart my computer in the normal manner(without the CD).
My computer normally runs XP. I open the file manager and transfer the log,
ADIF, and summary files to my desktop, from the DOS drive. Next I email the
log, import the ADIF into my master log, do 3830 and LOTW, and in, usually,
less than 20 minutes I'm  done with the contest.
If your system makes this faster or easier then count me in. If your system,
however, co-habitats CTDOS & CTWIN on the NTFS partition then count me out. Not
because it won't work but because WINXP will find a way to 'screw' it up and
will predictably end up messing up contest logs.
Best 73

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm