[Trlog] Parallel Port Questions

To: "TR Log" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Parallel Port Questions
From: "James Walter" <wt9u@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:56:31 -0500
I've recently retired the 486 computer I've been using in the shack and have a
slightly newer Pentium computer.  Recently I built the switch box from the
schematic on the TRLog website so I can use two radios on phone as well as cw.
I'm using the parallel port for DVK, Paddle Input, Footswitch Input, CW Keying
and Relay control.  This all works just fine.

Here's the problem/question.  My second radio is a Kenwood TS-850.  I want to
look at the band output from the parallel port and have a band decoder look at
that info for a bandpass filter.  Hooked that up yesterday and it looks at the
band info but when I swap radios (Alt-R) the bandpass filter jumps to the band
or the active radio.

Today I installed a second parallel port.  TR Port shows that there are two
ports available.  I've specified port 1 for relay control but it doesn't
matter, either port is acting the same way.  In other words, I swap the box
from LPT1 to LPT 2, change nothing in the .cfg file and everything works the
same (as if they are both the same printer port).

 I am running from DOS and not a DOS window.  As a matter of fact, trying to
run TR from a DOS window I loose all rig control (doesn't see the serial ports
for some reason).  I renamed the Win.COM file something else to arrive at a C:
prompt.

Computer info (best as I can tell) 98se, GenuineIntel, X86FamilyMod8Step3.

Any help or am I stuck tuning the bandpass filter manually for this rig.

73...Jim, WT9U