Re: [Trlog] Questions

To: William Liporace - NA2NA <na2na@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Questions
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:31:45 -0700
On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 03:18:07AM -0400, William Liporace - NA2NA wrote:

> I have a few questions so far  :-(

> When the DVP is enabled, I hear a drop in my receive audio, any ideas? It is
> a K1EA card with a factory cable for Yaesu.

There is perhaps a slight change in the audio gain when going through the
DVP card.  TR set this to a value that was pretty close to "unity" as
a default.  Is this a problem that you can't fix by adjusting the AF
gain?

> When I grab a spot on 40 meters, it wants to send it to CW, how do I fix that?

An easy way to fix this is in the control-J menu - BAND MAP SPLIT MODE - set it
to ALWAYS PHONE.  The more complicated way is to recalibrate TR's cutoff
frequencies for the mode on 40 meters - but for a single mode contest,
this isn't really necessary.

> With the DVP enabled in S&P, Callsign is sent after a return, but it does not
> send the exchange with the second return. How do I enable that?

You need to program a message for the CQ EXCHANGE and/or S&P Exchange.  Go
to the Alt-P menu - select O for Other and then select the message you want
to program.  Use Alt-W and Alt-R.

Tree