Re: [Trlog] PCMCIA Serial Cards

To: <TRlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] PCMCIA Serial Cards
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:31:07 -0600
TRlog guys - I'm still having PCMCIA woes - please read:

>Did you try the System Soft Card and Socket Services recommended by Quatech?
>73, Yngvi TF3YH

Thanks Yngvi, I was not aware Quatech recommends System Soft software.  I have
two different sets of card and Socket Services software (CardWare and CardSoft)
and neither one is getting the job done yet.  I have found where all the
addresses are in the computer and the card, and I am now trying to get them all
to agree on using the same addresses - I hope that does it!  So far I haven't
been able to manipulate them.  Still working on it.  The fact that the computer
recognizes the PCMCIA card I think means the card and socket services software
is working right, except that I can't seem to get the addresses adjusted in the
PC.  Also, TRlog has a command line instruction that shows the port addresses,
but I can't get TRlog to use a different port address than what it shows.  I
wonder if that part of TRlog is not working, because I think it gives you a
"change" option but when I use it nothing changes or the computer freezes, I
forget which.

Thanks - Mark, N5OT