[Trlog] Icom Settings and 6.79

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Icom Settings and 6.79
From: "Mike Wetzel" <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:22:26 -0500
JFI

I used 6.79 for SSCW and CQWW CW/SSB and had no 'nonssb/noncw' band entries
by using the Icom time settings of 300 and 500, for me using IC-781's these
were the magic numbers.  When I used 300/400 I would loose communication
with the radio about every hour.  I used the 4800 baud setting.

I did have to 'bandmap' all bands to get the 2nd radio band map but just a
slight annoyance  of seeing all band stations I had put in from the 2nd
radio.

Last year there was some reason I went back to 6.78 temporarily but then
went promptly to 6.79 and am pretty happy with it, only one reboot last
weekend.

Mike W9RE