[Trlog] Novice/Tech QSO points in ARRL 10-meter contest

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Novice/Tech QSO points in ARRL 10-meter contest
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:27:08 -0500
Rule 5.1.3 for this weekend's ARRL 10-meter contest specifies "Eight points for
CW QSOs with US Novice or Technician Plus stations signing /N or /T (28.1 to
28.3 MHz only)."

While TRLog's DAT file and claimed score calculations show 8 points per /N and
/T QSO, the Cabrillo file generated by POST shows the default 28000 frequency
for every QSO.  This downgrades the /N and /T QSOs to 4-pointers in the final
scoring.

For example, last year
QSO: 28000 CW 2004-12-11 1407 W8TM          599 Oh     KA5PQD/N      599 Tx
got me 4 QSO points (my final CW-only score was 4 times QSOs times mults, with
final QSO and mult counts as claimed).

An obvious workaround is manual editing of the frequency in the Cabrillo file
generated by POST.  I don't know if there are alternative approaches.

I thought that others might appreciate a warning about this quirk.

73, Paul W8TM