[Trlog] File Recovery

To: TRLog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] File Recovery
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:26:41 EST
We were getting ready to leave Germany in May of 1993.  I wanted to  work one
more major contest before returning to the states, so I put a major  effort
into WPX CW.  I did very well, as I recall, probably one of the top  two or
three scores in Europe in the LP category.

Through a series of colossal screwups at the end of the contest I somehow
managed to delete major portions of my log.dat file.  This was compounded  by
my
daughter attempting to retrieve some of her homework from the computer  while
I was in the log checking process.  When I attempted to retrieve the  file
from my backup floppy, it failed.  I was SOL!  I might have made  a more
serious
effort to retrieve the data, but we had to pack up and move out  of our house.

I was going through a bunch of my old contest files recently, and  discovered
that individual band files had been created for that contest in my  ARRL DX
directory!  How they got there, I don't know.  I was able to  append them all
into a new log.dat file.

Here are some questions:

My appended file is still by band.  How can I merge those QSOs so the  QSO
numbers are what they were in the original log.dat file?

How can I run this log.dat to obtain my final score?  I know the  scoring has
changed since '93.

Is there an online archive of final scores anywhere that I could check  to
see where I might have placed in the contest.

Thanks!  Paul, K5AF, DA1AM