Re: [Trlog] CW message for callsign?

To: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CW message for callsign?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:30:32 -0700
On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 12:16:42AM +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:
> N4OGW asked about sending CW from the radio with TR via
> RS-232 interface.
>
> >However, there was one major problem...there is no cw message in
> >trlog to send your callsign! Is there a "secret" message name for
> >the callsign? Or is sending the callsign handled separately from the
> >function and exchange keys? It would also be great to be able to
> >have ESC send the "kill cw" command (I did do this with a separate
> >function key and it worked fine).

This all is sounding very familar to me.  When I first wrote TR, I
used the AEA MM3 keyer for sending CW.  I had to beg them to add
commands to "kill CW" - and to report back if CW was still being
sent or not.

I probably still have that module somwhere and coule probably make
minor changes to it to work some other serial device.

Tree