Re: [Trlog] Big Dell Notebook Battery Recall

To: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Big Dell Notebook Battery Recall
From: Ron Rossi <kk1l@intergate.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:55:56 -0400
Of course it is not the actually battery that is at fault here. It is
either a lack of adequate venting in the enclosure or more likely a
failure (or lack) of the thermal protection device in the pack. It is a
fact that drawing too much current from any LiIon battery (Sony or
otherwise) will get it hot enough to ignite.

73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: http://www.intergate.com/~kk1l