[Trlog] Icom radios WORK with 6.83 at 4800 baud

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Icom radios WORK with 6.83 at 4800 baud
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:00:47 -0500
I just finished testing 6.83 with the IC-765
and IC-781 radios.  Neither radio would work
correctly at the radios' default 1200 baud
setting. When I changed the radios to 4800
baud, they both worked! Thanks to VR2BG for
pointing me in the right direction.  Here are
the settings from my LOGCFG.DAT:

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC781
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 4800
RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = 38

RADIO TWO CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 3
RADIO TWO TYPE = IC765
RADIO TWO BAUD RATE = 4800
RADIO TWO RECEIVER ADDRESS = 44

The IC-781 baud rate can be changed via the radio's menu.
The IC-765  must be changed via an internal DIP sitch.

The radio response seems very smooth and responsive.
I don't use ^B and ^V, but I would like to see them
fixed or disabled, as they seem to put the software
on the wrong band as previously mentioned. I haven't
tested the on-deck or band map features yet. I just
wanted to report that the radio interface for Icom
was now working.

I too wanna say "THANKS TREE" for helping us out!

73

-Kirk  K4RO