Re: [Trlog] Dupes galore...Follow-up.

To: "'TRLog Reflector'" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Dupes galore...Follow-up.
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 00:05:43 -0600
I think I was a couple of hours into the contest when I first noticed a
duping problem with the software (I was using 684).  I called KM1X, I think
it was, and he said I was a dupe, but the TR was telling me not.  He gave me
another Q for insurance.  I then noticed that stations I was dupechecking
were not showing up as the dupes they were supposed to be.

I went through the .cfg and took out any commands that seemed to me might
affect duping in any way.

No change.

I tried 6.78 and it was the same thing.

I then printed out the log and created a brand new SSCW log and entered in
the QSO's (about 80 of them) manually.  Dupe check functions worked
normally.  I stayed with 678 throughout the contest.

I'll plug the old .cfg back in tomorrow and see if the non-duping returns.

This was and wasn't a good contest...too many problems....While filling in
the new log and checking it out, I got so excited about 'fixing' it, I
forgot to make sure I used more than 30 minutes doing so to use as an
off-time...duh...I made the first qso at 24 minutes off.  Also, my headphone
audio switching went out, too....I feel like I've been beaten up after this
contest.

73,
Dale, kg5u