[TenTec] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:00:27 -0500
After a long hiatus, I am trying to get my station ready for the contest this
weekend.  My
ancient 486/DOS 6.21 gave up the ghost.  My backup runs WIN95.  I can get the
OMNI VI+
to communicate with any of the serial ports @ 2400 baud.  The Orion, running
1.372 software,
used to work perfectly with the old PC.  Now, I can use TRLog to tell the Orion
to move
frequencies, but the computer doesn't display the frequency back from the Orion
on any
of the serial ports.

I am running in the MSDOS window of WIN95 - when I "boot to DOS" from the START
menu, only about 410K is available for DOS programs for some reason, so TR won't
run.

Any easy fixes?  I still have several days of antenna work to do before the
contest starts
Friday night.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9