Re: [Trlog] RAC Multiplier file

To: "'Sam Ferris'" <ferrsa@sasktel.net>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] RAC Multiplier file
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy@digitalweb.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:51:21 -0000
This may be a good time to remind TR users that for the RAC contest one
should momentarily change the name of the contest to ARRL-DX to generate
the Cabrillo, and then correct the contest name in the header as
required.  At least that's how I've been doing it....   When I do that I
get, as a sample line:

QSO: 14000 PH 2006-12-30 0001 VE6RAC        59  ab     VE6FI         59
Ab

Which I think is identical to the spec at :

http://www.rac.ca/downloads/raccabrillo1.pdf

At least the columns are in the right order but I have not counted the
spaces.  The one created when you use RAC as the name is quite
different.

QSO: 14000 PH 2006-12-30 0001 VE6RAC                   VE6FI         59
59 Ab

If one checks the Cabrillo templates (version 2) at
http://www.kkn.net/~trey/Cabrillo_v2/qso-template.html

Neither RAC contest appears to be officially supported in that no spec
is listed.  It is not in the version 3 list either, which I believe is
the latest.

As for the abbreviations,  I will have to do some experimenting, such as
to try to re read the log using the new abbreviations in P13.dom and
then see if they come thru OK in the ARRL cabrillo (one would likely
need to change the .dom file used in that one as well to reflect the
changes you mentioned).

73 Don
VE6JY