[Trlog] IC7800 and TR

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] IC7800 and TR
From: "Mike Wetzel" <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:35:20 -0500
Previously ZS4TX said he got TR working with a 7800 by using these
statements:

RADIO ONE TYPE = IC756PRO
RADIO ONE ADDRESS = 106  (6AH on radio)
And KE5C said he got TR working with a 7800 by using:

RADIO ONE TYPE = IC756PROII
RADIO ONE ADDRESS = 80  (50H on radio)
Also a local said his 756PROII had an address of 5C so I tried that

RADIO ONE TYPE = IC756PROII
RADIO ONE ADDRESS = 92  (5CH on radio)

But none of the above worked at all (no communication between the radio and
computer).
I can get only get

RADIO ONE TYPE = IC781
RADIO ONE ADDRESS = 38  (26H on radio)

To work but the split function takes the main VFO to the split frequency not
the sub VFO and operation is slightly sluggish (swap radio doesn't work 100%
of the time).

I have tried both 6,85 and 6.79 TR versions.

I tried both IC756PRO and IC756PROII for the radio type.

I have tried a CT-17 clone and direct connection from the radio (db9) to
computer serial (db9) with same results.

My 7800 has firmware 2.10.

Can anyone suggest anything else that I might try or that I am overlooking?

Thank and HNY,

Mike W9RE