Re: [Trlog] Quick info

To: "Tod-ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Quick info
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:15:52 +0000
Tod:

>See my last listing on the reflector. I also had spots that failed to arrive
>and load into the band map correctly.
>
>I had forgotten about that but your message reminded me. I think the cure is
>to set the EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE statement into the configuration
>file. That should put TR and the VE7CC program into synch.
>
>Sure glad that we managed to catch you on one band at least in the CW event
>-- I hope I will be as fortunate in the SSB one this weekend. I will be
>checking again this weekend to see if I miss spots -- let's hope not, at the
>bottom of the cycle every Q counts.

My reply to you was direct, because Tree doesn't seem to
be too fussed about the "packet" port.  I post things I
observe & he seems to ignore them... like N2IC I think I
will soon defect to N1MM.

EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE must be set, but there
will still be spots in ^B that do not appear in the bandmap.

When I spot stuff, I do it directly from CC.  Seem to be
upsetting some folks, as I only spot things like P5BCST.  ;^)

Will probably put more time into doing Asian ARRL Phone
write-up for Ward than actually operating in it - the bands
really suck & 20m (only band that will be very productive
from here) is covered with wideband noise & spurious
rubbish from broadcast stations in neighboring Guangdong
province.  Hearing below the first-string stations can be a
real challenge now.

GL!

73 & HLNY, Brett.