Re: [Trlog] DVK

To: "Robert Tellefsen" <n6wg@comcast.net>;, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] DVK
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 17:09:35 +0000
Hi Bob:

There are three devices that I know of that TR supports for
voice keying.  These are the old ISA DVP (Digital Voice
Processor) which is an ISA plug-in card, using a
Soundblaster-compatible built-in soundcard and a program
called sbdvp that makes it look like a DVP, and an external
DVK (Digital Voice Keyer) which is driven from a parallel
port.

Using the SBDVP requires running a seperate program
(sbdvp) before running TR and setting it up correctly.
Also, only some soundcards are supported - I suspect
mostly older ones.

The DVK is what I mostly use.  In that case, the DVK
is driven by the parallel port and messages are recorded
on the DVK.  In the other two cases, the messages are
recorded on the DOS computer's hard disk.  Many people
use a RAM disk for improved performance for these files.

Which device are you going to use?

73,

Mark, KD4D

From: "Robert Tellefsen" <n6wg@comcast.net>