Re: [Trlog] Problems with cabrillo file

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Problems with cabrillo file
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:31:48 +0000
N6TR replied:

> > I have V6.79 of TR log on which I selected  CQ WW RTTY as the contest I
> > was going to log . After the contest ws over I use V6.82 of Post to
> > convert the .DAT file to cabrillo format for submissiont to
> > rtty@cqww.org., but the robot found all sorts of errors in the cabrillo
> > file and refuse to accept  any part of the log. What am I doing wrong?
>
>I don't believe that much testing had been done for the RTTY contest.  Let
>me look at this and see if I need to fix something in POST.

I learned last year (or maybe the year before?) from I2UIY that I was
the _only_ one submitting CQ WW RTTY logs with TR (that is when
they started to do log checking for RTTY similar to the other CQ
WWs).

Prior to RTTY being added to TR, I also logged CQ WW RTTY with
TR, but back then they accepted the .dat output.

The problem, as I recall it, was tacking the domestic multiplier info
on the end of every line of the Cabrillo output, instead of just for those
Qs that were with stations with a domestic mult.  POST likes to do
this for some reason.  It does not comply with the Cabrillo spec.

The solution is to manually go through POST's output with a text
editor & trim those bits off.

Here is what I submitted & was accepted in 2001:

QSO: 21000 RY 2001-09-29 0002
VR2BG                    JH3BJG        599 599 25 JA

And here is a line from my last entry:

QSO: 14000 RY 2006-09-23 0001 VR2BG         599 24     JR1NHD        599 25

Oh, sorry, I tell a lie.  There are other problems with what POST
generates for CQ WW RTTY (which are easy to fix with a text
editor that deals with columns, such as UltraEdit).  The domestic
mult on the end of each line, however, is a right pain in the bum
with big logs.

Good to see there might still be one entrant submitting CQ WW
RTTY logs with TR.

73, VR2BrettGraham/QRT.