Re: [Trlog] 6.79 vs 6.88 upgrade (today?)

To: <WG0M@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] 6.79 vs 6.88 upgrade (today?)
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 06:48:13 -0700
> I was thinking to install 6.88 today, but thought if the
> changes are significant, I may want to wait until after SS.
> What say you experts? 'been  usin'
> 6.79 since like forever....................

I recommend staying with 6.79 if that works OK for you.  Tree began the 6.8x
series of releases prior to the 2006 Sweepstakes primarily to rewrite the
radio control code to work better with some radios.  There were other minor
changes along the way, but unless you (1) are having some issue, and (2)
know that your issue was addressed in the 6.8x revisions, then I would not
be changing software just hours before the contest.

OTOH, I've been using each of these 6.8x versions as they've come out and
they've worked fine for me.  I've been on 6.88 since it came out several
months ago.

73,
Ed - W0YK