[Trlog] Inconsistent Frequency Tracking

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Inconsistent Frequency Tracking
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:21:27 -0800
TR doesn't always correctly track frequency and mode with my Omni
6+.  Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes, it will switch and
display SSB when the Omni is on CW.  Sometimes it will give me
something really strange like 1.5 GHz SSB.  The problem sometimes
follows a rapid dial twirl from one end of the band to the other,
sometimes just a casual S&P move up the band.  Sometimes it gets
locked on the wrong mode and also doesn't track frequency anymore,
and I have to quit and restart TR to regain tracking.  The problem is
not RFI related because it happens when I am not transmitting.  I do
not have the problem with N1MM which I use for RTTY.

Omni 6+ settings are bd 4800, C-Id 04, Cde ON.

TR Configuration File settings are

MY CALL = W6SX
MY PREC = B
MY CHECK = 56
MY SECTION = SJV
CONTEST = SWEEPSTAKES
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC735
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
EXCHANGE MEMORY ENABLE = TRUE
PTT ENABLE = FALSE
RADIO ONE NAME = OMNI VI+
POLL RADIO TWO = FALSE
RADIO TWO TRACKING ENABLE = FALSE
CODE SPEED = 29
BAND MAP ENABLE = TRUE
BACKCOPY ENABLE = FALSE
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE
DE ENABLE = FALSE
POSSIBLE CALL MODE = ALL
ALL CW MESSAGES CHAINABLE = TRUE
AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = FALSE
AUTO DISPLAY DUPE QSO = TRUE
AUTO S&P ENABLE = TRUE
AUTO S&P ENABLE SENSITIVITY = 10
SCP MINIMUM LETTERS = 3
VISIBLE DUPESHEET = FALSE

etc. (memories)

Although this is my Sweepstakes configuration file, the behavior
happens for all contests.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California