Re: [Trlog] HA-DX CONTEST

To: <Wa3aan@aol.com>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] HA-DX CONTEST
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:11:59 +0500
> Worked the contest this weekend and found 4 bugs with TRlog
>
> 1) When the HA station sends his 2 letter county designation, the  program
> will not except the input unless accompanied by a number.  No  number is
> necessary when contacting HA stations.

TR is flexible and programmable. Just add these lines to logcfg.dat:

Domestic multiplier = domestic file
Domestic filename = hungary.dom

> 2) Same country contacts count as 1 point

Does not prevent one from operating in the contest though.

> 3) Check the DOM file since more counties are now available.

Put into logcfg.dat
LITERAL DOMESTIC QTH =TRUE

> 4) The Cabrillo output is incorrect.

HA DX contest as far as I remember is not in the list of contests in
cabrillo specs.

> 73
> Grant
> WA3AAN

TR4W http://TR4W.QRZ.RU  supports HA DX and produces correct Cabrillo like
output requested by the contest sponsors

73, Igor UA9CDC