Re: [Trlog] Alt-D, Alt-R, split & two receivers in one box

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Alt-D, Alt-R, split & two receivers in one box
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:07:10 -0800
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 01:52:18PM -0500, Zivney, Terry L. wrote:

> If one is listening on both receivers (in an Orion, to be specific, but  I
> guess an IC781 or FT1000 also)
> can one use the Alt-D command to find whether the second receiver is a dupe
> and then use the
> space bar to switch transmit frequencies from the CQing frequency to the S&P
> frequency and then
> back to  CQ?  If so, how?

Probably three answers to this:

1. Not as currently designed - in other words - it isn't an easy thing to do.

2. However, it might be possible using the powerful commands available to you
where you can put radio control commands in function key memories.  Although,
you might find there is a missing piece to the puzzle.

3. It is possible that this feature might be added to the program sometime in
the near future - as the program author - while being horrible about keeping
the program up to date - will indeed soon have a radio with a second receiver
in it (K3). This might motivate me to see how close to "two radio in a box" I
can make the program work - even though the K3 is NOT two radio in a box since
it can't receive on that second receiver while transmitting (which I don't
believe any of the other radios can do either).

Tree