Re: [Trlog] Multi Multi serial numbers? [Fwd: [3830] CaQP NE6LE M/MCntyE

To: TRlog reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Multi Multi serial numbers? [Fwd: [3830] CaQP NE6LE M/MCntyExp HP]
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:08:16 -0600
Tree wrote:

> I don't think there is a work around for having two stations on the same band.
> That is a very difficult situation that I am not sure ANY software package
> has really implemented well.  It would require a reservation system where
> one entity is handing out numbers that get used

This is exactly what Brand N contest logging software does to deal with this
issue. Seems to work well.

> - and sometimes the QSO falls
> apart and the number never gets used.

True, but is that really a problem ? It just means that some QSO numbers are
never handed out. A more interesting issue with a reservation system is that
sometimes the numbers get sent out-of-chronological order.

73,
Steve, N2IC