[Trlog] Incomplete WAS Tallies in LoTW

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Incomplete WAS Tallies in LoTW
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:43:13 -0500
I know it's off-topic, but since some earlier posts implied greater familiarity
with the innards of LoTW than I have encountered elsewhere, I want to describe
here an error in LoTW WAS processing in the hope that some subscriber can find
a way to get the error fixed.

Earlier e-mails to ARRL got only the reply that I had done something wrong with
my "rules," but the problem persists--it recurred in the processing of my
Alaska/Hawaii QSOs made during the ARRL DX contests, despite earlier ARRL
assurance that they had fixed my "rules" (twice!).

Specifically, when a QSL is generated, the LoTW WAS tallies (80M CW, 40M Phone,
etc.) should be updated for both stations.  But I have repeatedly noticed that
the WAS tallies are updated only for the station whose log is processed first
(lower QSO number assigned).  The WAS tallies for the second station, the one
whose submission triggered the QSL, are not updated.  This problem is limited
to WAS tallies; DXCC tallies are updated for both stations.

I first noticed this problem when checking Triple Play WAS tallies, but saw it
recur after the DX tests for my 80M Alaska/Hawaii tallies.  So it's not limited
to Triple Play, but seems to affect all WAS tallies.

Within LoTW I was able to select one of my QSLs that I knew should have been
tallied, and thus force it to tally.  So there is a work-around, but only if
the LoTW user spots the tallying omission--a tough job, given the pile of
stateside QSLs.  The bigger issue of incomplete WAS tallying remains.

Any assistance in getting this matter resolved would be appreciated.

73, Paul W8TM