[Trlog] Fwd: Re: Dual boot computer help

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Fwd: Re: Dual boot computer help
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:25:30 -0800
From: D. R. Evans <N7DR@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Trlog] Dual boot computer help
To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>

I thought this might be a useful post, but as usual it got rejected:

----

The message's content type was not explicitly allowed

Re: [Trlog] Dual boot computer help.eml
Re: [Trlog] Dual boot computer help
From:
"D. R. Evans" <N7DR@arrl.net>
Date:
11/08/2011 07:54 AM
To:
trlog@contesting.com

Michael Gulbranson said the following at 11/07/2011 08:20 PM :

> Hi All:
>
> I plan to upgrade my contesting computer from W98SE to XP yet keep 6.22
> DOS for TR for cw contests. Does anyone have any dual boot experience
> and would be willing to mentor me in the process? I use DX4WIN for
> logging and Writelog for phone and rtty contests. Or is like pushing a
> rope uphill?

You don't need to do that. You should be able to run TRLOG under FreeDOS
booted from a CD. That way you don't have to have any kind of dual-boot
installed. That's what I do, and it works perfectly here.

 73 -- Doc  N7DR

-- Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR