[Trlog] TRlog / DOS 7.1 / 500Mhz processor / 1 gig memory problem

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TRlog / DOS 7.1 / 500Mhz processor / 1 gig memory problem
From: Paul Erickson <va7nt@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 10:42:36 -0700
I am in the process of building a new computer for the shack from some unused pieces I had. The board is a P2B-F with 500MHz processor and
1 gig of memory. I installed DOS 7.1 on one partition, but when
I try to execute the "install.exe" program I get the Runtime error 200
and when I try to execute TR itself, the computer hangs.

I do not have access to my current shack computer due to the distance
between my residence and shack but I believe it is also running a
500MHz processor, but the OS is Windows 98 run in command mode, and
the memory is about 500Meg.

Has anyone else tried to run TR under DOS 7.1 in a machine with
1 gig memory? Have you encountered the same issues, and if so
how were you able to resolve them?

The following is the contents of the DOS 7.1 config.sys file. My
DOS skills are a bit rusty, but I don't recognize anything there
that could be the problem. Is there something I am missing?

config.sys file contents:

DEVICE=C:\DOS71\ECHO.SYS W/e/l/c/o/m/e /t/o MS-DOS 7.10...
DEVICE=C:\DOS71\ECHO.SYS C/o/p/y/r/i/g/h/t M/i/c/r/o/s/o/f/t C/o/r/p. A/l/l /r/i/g/h/t/s /r/e/s/e/r/v/e/d.
DEVICE=C:\DOS71\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\DOS71\EMM386.EXE RAM
DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS71\SETVER.EXE
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS71\POWER.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS71\VIDE-CDD.SYS /D:IDE-CD
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS71\DISPLAY.SYS CON=(,,1)
COUNTRY=001,437,C:\DOS71\COUNTRY.SYS
SHELL=COMMAND.COM /P /E:640
DOS=HIGH,UMB,AUTO
FCBS=4,0
FILES=30
BUFFERS=20,0
LASTDRIVE=26
STACKS=9,256
SET PATH=C:\DOS71;..;

I realize that the path command is not what it needs to be for a
functioning TRlog system, but the TRlog hangup occurred while
I was executing the file from within it's resident directory.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT